Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Team Hooker Silent Auction


Team Hooker Silent Auction is 9/21/2012 at the Italy HS football game. Details are available on this Italy Neotribune link about the Hooker family.

Several ladies were in my shop from the local 'Our House in Milford' quilt retreat center shopping for Moda Layer Cakes recently. They told me all about the 'Double Slice Layer Cake Quilt' pattern. You can find a how to video on youtube. I watched the youtube video by the Missouri Quilt Co. At any rate, I loved the quilt pattern and knew it would be perfect for a fabric line with several different colors. When I read about the Team Hooker silent auction I knew I had to make something for this sweet lady and her family. I spotted a Flora Layer Cake in the shop and went to work Friday sewing up a fun bright "Wake you up in the morning!" quilt. The quilt measures approximately 65 by 73 inches and is quilted using random heart and squiggle doodles. The backing is a coordinating green with tiny orange flowers circle print from the fabric line.

If you are local be sure and support Team Hooker by bidding on items donated for the auction on Friday, September 21st.

Here is the picture of the quilt on the front porch rocker.

No comments:

Post a Comment