Sunday, November 16, 2008

Gilda's Club North Texas Quilts

This Saturday I had the opportunity to attend a conference at Gilda's Club of North Texas on the topic on Hereditary Colon Cancer. The conference was quite informative about both FAP and Lynch Syndrome. I so enjoyed walking around Gilda's Club and seeing all the art work created by those impacted by cancer either as a patient or as a loved one. There were several quilts that had been created to express the hope that many cancer patients feel which was very encouraging. I am glad that I know that several of the fabrics that I have purchased this year have contributions that go directly to the Gilda's Club foundation. Collection for a Cause Heritage 1846 from Moda and Inspiration III from Blank Quilting are two fabric lines for which financial support goes to the Gilda's Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment