Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Time to be Thankful

Thanksgiving Day is coming soon. This is one of my favorite holidays. My daughter is making some cute aprons using fall fabric and a maple leaf applique using my AccuQuilt Go Cutter.

Yeah! I was able to get my serger working to ruffle the fabric for the apron. My serger has been sitting idle for a while waiting on me to find the manual to figure out how to thread it correctly. Hubby keeps saying "I told you to buy the one that threads its self." What does he know right? I wish I had listened to him. At any rate, I was able to use the ruffle feature successfully. I see new ruffled pillow shams in my future. So, I suppose I am thankful for the intelligence to be able to get my serger working for all the fun projects I would like to complete. Simple things like the machines we use to get our projects completed are often taken for granted as is the God given knowledge to operate these tool. Take time to be thankful for even these little things that make our life simpler.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

I am Thankful for UPS....

My UPS friend just delivered a new shipment of the chocolate brown Fun Flowers fabric prints from LakeHouse Dry Goods. McCall's Quick Quilts Dec/Jan and Quilts and More Winter 2011 both have quick easy quilts made using this great fabric line by Holly Holderman. Be sure and watch Holly's Blog for more information about fun quilts using the Fun Flowers fabric line.

No comments:

Post a Comment